Sunday, October 28, 2012

October 28, 2012

It has been a while since I posted. I have moved to a wonderful space that has allowed me to see many shooting stars, boats and a little drawbridge over the Neponset River.  Yesterday, while taking a break from work, I observed the following:


The mother and her adult son were walking, side by side, on East Berkley Street in Boston.  Laughing, they sent out a wonderful energy that made them feel closer in physical space than they actually were as he explained the architecture of familiar Boston structures and landmarks.  He was animated...his hands pointing in different directions to all the different structures.  She was excited and focused on his every word.    As they began to walk over the Mass Pike I noticed a man lagging behind them.  He seemed awkward, quiet and distant.  He carried a camera and on occasion would snap a picture of one of the buildings.  His face had no expression, and his energy felt troubling so I was surprised when the mother and son stopped, turned and looked back, encouraging the man who was lagging behind to catch up with them.  As the three came together I felt the wonderful energy between the mother and son change…become less. Watching them speak with each other I realized they were together…they were family...and that "lagging behind man" was the adult man’s father. After a quick moment of conversation, mother and son started walking again..."lagging behind man" (the father) checked out his camera. By the time he started walking again he was, once again, lagging behind.   I so wanted to shout out to the father “STOP lagging behind...STOP snapping pictures … be with your son in this moment on this day and that will be a picture that will line your heart forever”.

No comments:

Post a Comment